The bags are packed and you are going to get medical treatment in India. By choosing India as your medical tourism destination you have made a sensible, smart choice. Not only is India the leading medical tourism destination but also the cheapest destination in terms of cost of treatment. With liberalized and faster medical visa processing India’s welcomes international patients from across the globe.
We put here a 5 point check-list that you must be aware of before you proceed to India for medical treatment. Not only will this ensure a smooth hassle free medical tour but will also save you the last minute tension.
- REGISTRATION ADVISORY : On arrival, the patient and attendants would need to register with the Police Commissioners Office within 14 days of arrival in India.
- FORMALITY ADVISORY : Please carry 10 or more passport size photographs which would be required for visa formalities, FRRO, buying a local sim card for each person.
- TRAVEL ADVISORY : Please forward the patients complete travel details at least two working days in advance so that we can make all the necessary arrangements are made by the hospital for your airport pickup.
- FOREX ADVISORY : Please note as per Government of India foreign exchange rules (FEMA) all patients / passengers travelling to India and carrying currency more than US $ 5000 or travellers cheques more than US $ 10000 are required to declare the same as per the Customs Declaration Form (CDF) and carry with them the CDF form as proof of currency brought into the country.
- YELLOW FEVER ADVISORY : All patients and companions MUST carry a VALID YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD if coming from the designated Countries.
- MEDICAL ADVISORY : Please carry your latest Medical reports including Scans / X-Rays / Investigations (in paper or electronic-formats) along with the clinical opinion and estimates sent by the hospital to ensure medical information is available to the service provider on their arrival in India.