Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Package Details
Cost Of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery In India
1. Surgery $4,500 USD *
2. Implant Cost $1,000 – $3,000 USD *
St. Jude Valve will be used for the Heart Valve Replacement Surgery In India. If you want a valve of specific brand that too can be arranged.
* this is an approximate cost and may vary depending on the condition of the patient.
Stay In Hospital : 8 Days
Post Discharge Stay in India : 14 Days
Success Rate of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in India : 99%
Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Package Inclusions :
Hospital Room Charges (For The Specified Period)
Why undertake your Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Medical Tour to India with Medicure Medical Travels
Because we have the right expertise and knowledge of organizing medical travel tours for clients from across the globe. We have have been serving our clients with full dedication and sincerity. We are proud to work with the best internationally certified hospitals and doctors which enable us to to give you high quality treatments at very affordable prices in India. We have facilitated over 1200+ patients from across the globe with high quality and exceptional services. Out medical tour to India is budget friendly and takes care of all your requirements. We provide a very affordable low cost Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in India at top cardiac hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc. Not only is the Heart Valve Replacement Surgery price in India the cheapest in the world but also has the best success rate among all the countries.
Medicure Medical Travels in alliance with various top cardiac hospitals in India provides the best heart surgery packages with top cardiac surgeons of India giving you an exceptionally all rounded best medical tour experience. If you need more information about Heart Valve Replacement Surgery price in India or different heart valve implant packages available feel free to call us or email us your query.
India has some of the best hospitals for Heart Valve Replacement Surgery that conduct these surgeries highly affordable price. Cost of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in India is the lowest in the world. Backed by top cardiac surgeons and latest medical technologies the success rate of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery is extremely good. There are various Heart Valve Replacement packages available to the patients who need to undergo this surgery.
READ : Profiles Of Doctors
Heart Valve disease occurs when the valve does not work correctly. This can be caused by:
1. Valve stenosis: These stiff, fused, thickened, inflexible valve leaflets lead to the narrowing of the valve, that limits the blood flow. valve stenosis progresses when calcium is deposited on the valve leaflets, further limiting their mobility. Stenosis can occur in patients with either a tricuspid (3 leaflets) or a bicuspid (2 leaflets) valve.
2. Valve regurgitation (also called valvular insufficiency, incompetence or “leaky valve”): These valve leaflets do not close completely. Regurgitation causes the blood that is ejected by the heart to immediately flow back into the heart once the heart stops squeezing and relaxes. Regurgitation may occur because of floppy leaflets (prolapse), abnormal congenitally deformed valves (bicuspid or unicuspid), infection of the valve (endocarditis), inability of the leaflets to close tightly due to dilatation of the aorta (aneurysm), holes in the leaflets, or rheumatic valve disease.
3. Congenital valve disease Patients with bicuspid valves are born with them and are present in about 1 – 2 percent of the population. Instead of the normal three leaflets or cusps, the bicuspid valve has only two. Without the third leaflet, the valve opening may not close completely and leak (regurgitant) or not open completely and become narrowed (stenotic) or leak. In many cases, bicuspid valves may function normally for several years without requiring treatment. About 25 percent of patients with bicuspid valves may have some enlargement of the aorta above the valve. If it is greatly dilated, the aorta is known as being aneurismal.
4. Acquired valve disease With acquired valve conditions, changes occur in the structure of the valve. Acquired valve conditions include: Infective endocarditis is a bacterial infection of the valve, which is caused when bacteria enter your blood stream from the site of a remote infection and attach to the surface of your heart valves. Dental cleaning or even minor infection, such as a tooth abscess, can cause severe bacterial endocarditis of the valve. Rheumatic fever is usually caused by a bacterial throat infection, such as strep throat. The valve itself is not infected in rheumatic fever, but antibodies developed by the body to fight infection react with the heart valves, causing stiffening and fusion of the leaflets of the valve.
If you do not have symptoms or heart damage, you will need to protect your valve from further damage by following precautions to reduce the risk of infective endocarditis, and you may need to take medications. In addition, surgery may be needed to treat your condition if you have symptoms, evidence of heart damage, or heart failure. There are two types of heart valve surgery in India: heart valve repair surgery and heart valve replacement surgery. During valve surgery in India, including aorta surgery, the valve may be repaired or replaced. The results of your diagnostic tests, the structure of your heart, your age, the presence of other medical conditions and other factors will be considered to determine whether valve repair or replacement is the best treatment approach for you. Heart valve surgery in India can be performed using traditional heart valve surgery or minimally invasive approaches.
A. Traditional Heart Valve Surgery: During traditional valve surgery, a surgeon makes a 6- to 8-inch incision down the center of your sternum, and part or all of the sternum (breastbone) is divided to provide direct access to your heart. The surgeon then repairs or replaces your abnormal heart valve or valves.
B. Minimally Invasive Heart Valve Surgery: Minimally invasive valve surgery is a type of valve repair surgery performed through smaller, 2- to 4-inch incisions without opening your whole chest. This is typically done with a “J” incision and leaves your chest stable. Minimally invasive surgery reduces blood loss, trauma, length of hospital stay and may accelerate recovery. Most patients who require isolated valve surgery are candidates for minimally invasive valve surgery, but your surgeon will review your diagnostic tests and determine if you are a candidate for this type of surgery.
Requirement For Heart Valve Replacement Surgery: Many patients with valve disease are asymptomatic (have no symptoms), even when the stenosis (narrowing) or insufficiency (leak) are severe.
Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Patient Testimonial
“My father was suffering severe heart disease and needed heart valve replacement surgery. Then I started to search for hospital outside my country for the treatment. The hospitals in UAE charged a huge amount for the treatment which was beyond my reach. Then one of my friends told me about India. He told that there are good cardiac hospitals in India and the cost of getting heart valve replacement surgery in India is also very affordable. I started searching on the internet and came across Medicure Medical Travels website. I filled up the form on their website. The next morning I got a call from the case manager of Medicure Medical Travels and she told me to send the medical reports of my father. I sent all the reports by mail and the case manager got back to me with the doctor’s opinion, treatment plan and the heart valve replacement surgery in India t package details. She was very kind, helpful and explained me in full detail about the heart valve replacement surgery package and also about traveling to India for heart surgery. The heart valve replacement surgery in India package price quoted to us was very affordable and we were quite impressed with the Heart surgeon who had in fact worked at a top hospital in USA for many years. The case manager also helped me and my father with the passport, medical visa and the air tickets which saved a lot of our time. On the day I and my father came to India, Medicure Medical Travels people came to receive us at the airport. They took us directly to the hospital and to our surprise a room was already booked for us and even kept ready. All our admission formalities were done in the room itself and we were made comfortable by the warmth and friendliness of the staff. I had never seen such caring services in hospitals back home in my country. I and my father were seen by a team of doctors the very next day and after then a series of investigative tests were carried out. The heart valve replacement surgery in India was planned after 2 days and it went on successfully. Doctors were great and very polite during the whole treatment. They explained everything very clearly and in a very polite manner. We stayed in India for two more days for total recovery and follow up. Overall it was a great experience for me and my father. My father is doing very well and I am extremely grateful to everyone especially Medicure Medical Travels, the doctors and nurses at the hospital. You changed our life and we are now so relaxed after getting heart valve replacement surgery in India. “